The ASEAN Summit is a semi-annual meeting held by the members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations in relation to economic, and cultural development of Southeast Asian countries.
Leaders from different countries arrived in Manila, Philippines for the ASEAN Summit 2017. The world leaders were dressed in their best traditional Filipino wear on Sunday, November 12, for the 31st ASEAN Summit gala dinner.
The gala, hosted by Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, was held at the SMX Convention Center in Pasay City.
For the occasion, male leaders and ASEAN dialogue partners wore piña cocoon barongs designed by Albert Andrada, while the ladies wore Filipiniana gowns by Albert, Rajo Laurel, and Randy Ortiz.
Among those who wear Barong Tagalog during the ASEAN Summit were:
1. United States President Donald Trump
2. Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev
3. New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern
4. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi
5. Chinese Premier Li Keqiang
6. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
7. Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phu
8. Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha
9. Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong
10. Myanmar State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi
11. Laos Prime Minister Thongloun Sisoulith
12. Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen
13. Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
14. Indonesian President Joko Widodo
15. Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull
16. South Korean President Moon Jae-In